With the increasing number of train footfalls, getting confirmed tickets has become more complex, especially for popular destinations like Mumbai To Goa. Imagine when the only option to book train tickets was to stand in long queues at the railway counter. If the same continues in present times, with more people travelling by train to holiday destinations, booking your tickets would take several visits to the railway counters.
The online train ticket booking facility is a boon to people travelling by train. With around 44 trains operating in the Mumbai to Goa route, you can also choose the train that suits your travel date and budget. The Mumbai To Goa Train Ticket price, seat availability, etc, are all available on a single platform, adding convenience.
The train journey has been made a cuisine adventure with the online food order in train facility. You no longer have to depend on the limited food options; you can order from top-rated restaurants on the IRCTC e-catering platform. For information about online train ticket booking and food orders, read on.
How To Book Mumbai To Goa Train Tickets Online?
Understanding the need to simplify the train ticket booking process with the mounting footfalls, IRCTC introduced the online train ticket booking facility. You can now avoid multiple visits to the railway station to reserve your journey tickets.
The ticket booking can be done at the convenience of your home and at any time. Here is how you do it:
- You can access the IRCTC official website or the IRCTC premium partners like Railofy to book the tickets. You can also avail of the facility by downloading the IRCTC app or the Railofy app designed for the purpose.
- The initial step will be registration on the IRCTC website and creating a user ID and password. Once done, you can access the Railofy platforms using the same login credentials.
- Log in and navigate to the ‘Book Train Tickets’ option.
- Enter the source, travel date, travel class, and destination details.
- The list of trains available on the route for the travel date and the Mumbai To Goa Train Ticket Price will appear.
- If the options do not suit your requirements, click the Smart Recommendations Feature. This will help with the best options with the highest chances of confirmation.
- Before proceeding to the payment gateway, you should provide the basic details of the passenger, like name, date of birth, and berth preferences.
- Choose the payment gateway from the secured payment options available to complete the transaction.
- Choose the Travel Guarantee feature for an option to upgrade the unconfirmed ticket, make a fresh booking for an alternate train journey, or get a three times cashback.
- Once the reservation process is complete, you will get an e-ticket for a confirmed booking. A PNR number will be provided, which you can use to check the status of your unconfirmed ticket periodically,
Importance of PNR Number In Online Train Ticket Booking
The PNR number is a 10-digit reference number generated when train tickets are booked online using the IRCTC or Railofy website/mobile app.
You can use the PNR Number for the following:
To Check The Status of Unconfirmed Tickets
An unconfirmed ticket, i.e., RAC/Waitlist tickets, is confirmed as and when a confirmed ticket is canceled. If your ticket is on a waitlist or you have an RAC ticket, you must review the status until you get confirmation. A journey with an unconfirmed ticket can be stressful.
Checking the PNR Status frequently during the festival or holiday season is more important, considering the rush. If you have a RAC ticket, you can board the train without confirmation, but if your ticket is on the waitlist, you cannot board the train without confirmation. In this case, checking the PNR status becomes even more crucial. This is how you check the PNR status.
- Download the IRCTC or Railofy mobile app for online ticket booking.
- Go to the ‘PNR Status Inquiry’ option.
- Enter the PNR reference number.
- The PNR Status will be reflected on the mobile screen.
- The seat, coach, and platform details will also be shown.
- You can also get the PNR prediction details wherein the chances of confirmation will be predicted.
- If you feel that your ticket confirmation chances are remote, you can look for alternate options.
To Check the Live Train Status
You can plan your schedule according to the live train status. If the train is delayed, you need not wait for the train at the station for hours. You get an update about the departure and arrival timings of the train at different statuses using the IRCTC or Railofy mobile app.
This is how you do it.
- Download the mobile app on the Google Play Store or App Store.
- Enter the PNR number.
- The train schedule will be displayed. You will know if the train is on time or delayed and can schedule accordingly.
Besides the Mumbai To Goa train ticket booking and inquiry, the online platform provides the convenience of online food order in train.
Procedure For Online Food Order In Train
Various top-rated restaurants participate in the e-catering services and deliver the food of your choice to your seat. Your choice could be North Indian, South Indian, or Continental Food. Everything is available on the menu. All you need to do is:
- Access the website or mobile app
- Choose the ‘order food online’ option
- Select the restaurant and place the order
- You can either make an online payment through the available payment gateway or choose to pay cash on delivery.
- You should enter your PNR number and choose the delivery station.
- Hygienically prepared food will be delivered to your seat to satisfy your hunger.
The online food order in train facilities has been a game changer for frequent travellers. They are spared the need to carry food to cope with the challenge of the availability of a decent meal during the journey. IRCTC e-catering services have turned the train journey into an interesting experience, especially for food lovers.